We are gearing up for the Pioneer Holiday - July 24th. The children are supposed to be back with me tonight!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. Tomorrow we are going to see friends and have a BBQ with my Logan parents (the Sorenson's) and spend quality time together. And this weekend, the kids are with me - and we get to return home to CA two weeks from Friday. We are all ready.
(Isabella and her friend, Emily)
The kids called me yesterday and again today - crying and upset. They want to come back to their mom and it pulls on my heartstrings to hear them begging to come home. I want them home more than anything. But, as is my policy, I told them to have as much fun as they can and not worry about the rest! They don't have a choice about where they are right now, so it is best for them to just try to stay out of their dad's way and enjoy what they can.
No matter what, we get to go home two weeks from Friday.
For those of you who don't know, Rebekah isn't included in this mix. She has been with me - she only lasted a week there. Her dad and she had several confrontations, ending with him saying some cruel things and yelling at her on the night of June 29 - he told her at midnight "Why don't you just leave." She was devastated, of course and called me right away so that I could pick her up. Her dad then refused to let me come get her and told her she would have to wait till morning. So she packed up and has been with me since.
The upside is that she and I have had wonderful mother-daughter time. She is such a delight and a great companion. Rebekah has no problem keeping up with me... I didn't realize just how much I like to be movin' and shakin' till now, but she is her mother's daughter! We do miss Kristine, Isabella and Ramsey right now, but soon enough we will all be back together as a family. And that is the most fun of all!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Countdown - 16 days till we go home!
Posted by The Fantastic 5 at 10:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Look at you go with the blogging! This is so much better for me then trying to call you and catch you at a time you aren't busy...because we all know that is NEVER!
I am happy the end of this long summer is almost over. Eat some more taffy for us tomorrow at the parade. You also haven't sent me an invite to the yahoo messenger you use on a regular basis. I think Jordan and Kristine would love talking that way.
Post a Comment