CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

The Fantastic 5

The Fantastic 5
Beware our Super Powers
We are whole and complete as a Family. We love, laugh and live together - lifting one another up and becoming stronger as we grow. We believe in eachother and cheer for one another without fear or hesitation. We will always be one - no matter where we are or who we are with... the ties that bind us are not perceptible by the eye but are unbreakable and eternal. We are pieces of one soul branching out into the world in different ways and with different talents but always grounded by the same root. We are a Family. Our common tie that brings in our nourishment and plants us firmly in the storm is that singular family root we derive from. Unique, unfettered and full of a million possibilies we bloom, because we always have the same root - we have eachother. (Photo by www.cowleystudios.com)

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Meet My Sisters

Before you read to the bottom, if you actually make it that far, allow me the opportunity of an explanation. I have lost many people in my life... and it is always after they are gone that I think, "I should have thanked them... I should have told them what they mean to me." Well as y'all know me, I sort of live by this now. I don't hesitate to express my profound gratitude for the cherished friendships and generous kindnesses that are extended to me in this life.

It is this philosophy that has lingered in the back of my mind like sweet perfume. I have wanted to proclaim my sentiments and put it to paper, if you will. So this is my attempt.

Because I tried to do this in only two days, I know there are a couple of amazing individuals who are not on the list yet. So, I will be revising this slightly after the weekend... but for now - it is just that, a list. And I will also admit that I have not included the women in my own family, for I did not want to eclipse this project... that will be for another time.

So allow me to introduce my sisters...

These are my sisters. By blood, by chance, by choice. These are miracles of strength, warriors of courage, survivors of holocausts... these women have experienced more life and more loss than most others I know, and not a one of them is mild, unspirited, malicious or unkind. Each one of these women posses a beauty that transcends mere flesh, a grace that radiates from the soul. Each woman here has defeated impossible odds, grasped tightly to faith when there should have been none and been always a constant and kind friend in my life... I have been so humbled and proud all at once to call them mine. For they are... They are my friends and my sisters.

Thank you sisters.

Jen - You are my sister - the other half of one spirit, the same DNA scrambled. You are my strength when I have none for myself and my righteous anger when I have not the energy. You see what I deserve even when I don't see it for myself. You have a gift of love and laughter and strength beyond any other earthly mortal - I am honored God gave you to me as my sister. I love and admire you.

Arianna - It's been more years than we should admit. We are so much the same in the inverse - and your love and support and faith in me I will always cherish. You are so strong, wise and principled. You always have your course firmly set in the right direction and you always go where you desire - no matter the effort. You are amazing. I have never questioned your love and loyalty – your friendship is priceless to me. I love you.

Kai - Woman - I admire you. You love effortlessly and give without restraint. You make me laugh till my sides hurt and cry with me when my soul can stand no more… You have been selfless, unconditionally accepting and faithful to all who know you. Thank you for mothering my children, kicking my butt and cutting me some slack all in the right time and space. My life has been deeply blessed by you and I am profoundly grateful. I love you, lady.

Kath – You were the one who taught me to trust myself as a mother and relish the tiny moments – to embrace it before it is gone… and you took me in with such love and joy that it enriched my life. You will always be one of my favorites! I love you, chica (and your fam)…

Donna – What mountain have we not climbed together or had in common? I love you so much no matter how far and how long… we had our babies together and lost our families and triumphed… Woman you are strong, bright and beautiful and I am so grateful for your love and spirit. You are true blue and full of life. Laugh, cry or pee our pants, we always have each other… Love ya, babe. You are amazing.

Holly P- Another sister with a different mother ;) and my kindred spirit. Even when we were on the other side of the world, you knew me and made me laugh. Your intelligence and athletic grace are amazing and your vocabulary rocks! It's like the spirit works through us to take care of the other... I know we must have intimidate the crap out of a lot of men in the preexistence, babe ;) We are a force to be reckoned with LOL Love ya.

Elizabeth – I have known you since you were a child and now you are an amazing and talented woman, mother and wife. I am so glad that we have stayed in touch and that the miles and the years did not divide us. You will always be a tender YW to me who I love and care for, and worry about. And I am so grateful to count you as a friend. You are fabulous!

Michelle L – Lady, I liked you from the start. You are a strong and intelligent woman who has been a true friend no matter the time and no matter the distance. Thank you for your love and loyalty – and always being honest. I miss our time in Chicago, but know you are never really out of my life.

Tif – Hey beautiful! You and I have shared our secrets and I know we understand one another. You are such an uplifting friend and I will always be thankful for that time when we were ‘family.’ Love ya, babe.

Daisie – You are so strong in the gospel that it amazes me. I admire your dedication and love of your family. You are such a wonderful and giving woman who I was blessed to know and befriend. Thank you for always standing for the right and for always being my friend. You know I love you.

Kris – Okay – words can’t express how connected we are… nor how many secrets and sorrows we have shared. You have lifted my burdens, been generous to my family, loved me unconditionally and stood strong in the gospel. You know that we have known each other forever… and that will never change. Thank you for supporting me, asking the right questions and listening to the spirit! I love you!

Bunny – We should have connected from the beginning – as it was there was never enough time. You knew the truth of my pain when no one else did and you have been ever true. You are an amazing mother, a true friend, a chosen sister and you have one hell of a sense of humor. I just wish we weren’t so far apart. We are the same age, no matter what the earthly time line is and we have known each other forever. I am so grateful for your love and support – you are always there when I need you. Thank you.

Mary –Lady, I would have been lost without you. Not only were your kids sent to this earth just to bless my children but you came across the country for me, when I was in the wake of terror – and you know I love you like another sister, but for that you will always be in my heart. You do so much good with your life and you fight for your kids… You do not give up no matter how incredibly hard being a mom can be. I admire you so much and I am honored to call you my friend. I love ya, darlin’.

Jillyne - We have shadowed one another across the country and back again... and yet you and your family have provided shelter and safety in the tempest of my storms. Your spirit is ever bright and your tenderness is always present. Thank you for being a faithful and steadfast friend... for making the best Pina Coladas on the Planet and driving me to the airport at 4 am. For laughter and warmth as a most precious sister. Love you, girl.

Sherry – WOMAN. You were my moment of sanity in a crazy place – you made an impossible calling bearable and your friendship has been true and honest always. You have such a strong testimony and faith – and I am graced to include you in my circle of friends… of amazing and wonderful women. Thank you for trusting me and believing in me and for always being my friend. Love you lots. Big squeeze!!!

Kel V- No one could get me to run! You know I mean it. And if I had had any idea what countless miles laid in my future because of you, I might not have been so nice to you at the Y (LOL). You are a woman after my own heart – strong and independent and confident and faithful. Your friendship has lifted me up, brought me laughter and made me a stronger person. Thank you for being my friend. I hope you know how much I love you, babe.

Paula T - You are a kindred spirit, one that spoke to my heart. We have walked paths that are not easily traversed and yet we have triumphed. You will always be my friend and I know that your fortitude and perseverance will outlast any obstacle place before you. I admire your creativity and quest for joy. And I am so blessed to call you friend. Love you lots!

Ione - Another mother and grandmother... a friend and sister. Your love and openess to my family transcends generosity and charity. You have gaurded and protected my heart - and always stood on righteous ground. Thank you for loving us and being in our lives. I love you so much.

Amanda – How many afternoons did we sit on your driveway? And what about our own science camp? I am so grateful for the years we had as friends – to share our faith, our concerns and our kids. I appreciate your cooking (lol), your gentleness with my children and your unwavering friendship. I hope you know that you made that street a home for me! Love you, babe.

Michelle S– We had the same life for a while, there… too bad you had to move! No one out shops us together… we are amazing. LOL Thank you for being a genuine friend and for sticking up for me no matter what. Thank you for being supportive and concerned. I know you have my back and I will always have yours . You are a talented, fun and hot chica ;) Love ya, babe.

Melanie – I would not have survived till the dawn if it weren’t for you. Sister of my heart. So much in common – in our lives and in our priorities and we have strengthened one another. You are beautiful, bright and fearless! Thank you for always listening and sharing your own wisdom. Thanks for being the one person who knows my situation and understands my pain. You were given to me by the Grace of God. The storm would not have passed so easily had you not seen me through… I love you, Mel.

Paula – Miles, circumstances, even life cannot keep us from being friends. You have such a good spirit and kind family. You are faithful and constant and never give up. You make me laugh and know when I need to cry. And you make one mean mango smoothie. Another sister in the family of my heart… I love you, lady.

JaNell – You are an angel – a gift to my kids and laughter in my soul. Thank you for being such a kind friend… for babysitting, moving boxes and furniture – coming to FHE when I would have done it alone. For being an uplifting force in our lives. You know that I love you and your dude!

Staza – Time could not keep us apart nor could crisis after crisis… We will always be friends, sisters, warriors ;) We are strong and fearless and we believe always in the greater good. You know that I love you and admire your determination and dedication.

Syd – I am the other sister, the other wife (cuz of you not Lee), the other part of your amazing family as you are to mine. Your gift of strength and friendship has seen me through the darkest point in my life – and you cheered for me and believed in me. I can’t think of how much you mean to me without crying. I cannot put it into words. I love you. Thank you.

Maria – Mi hermana bonita y te amo con todo mi Corazon. Gracias por su ayuda y amor quando tenia mi problema… You know how much you mean to me and that I miss the trouble we get into! Thank you for taking me to the temple in the depths of despair and for standing strong when I could not. I admire you strength and conviction… thank you for belly laughs and Boston Legal – for sopas and girl talk… Girl, I always have your back. Love ya.

Marsha – My Logan mom. Thank you for listening, helping, taking me in, and always making time for me. You gift of friendship and love has meant more than I can say… I admire your steadfastness and patience - with everyone... you are a valiant example to me. I just love you.

Tam - Sneaking around and texting back and forth... and sitting with me till it was safe and providing you with names. Lady, you are a pillar of tenderness and compassion. You love without boundries and laugh from your heart. Thank you for being my friend and for knowing where my pain began... Love you.

Dixie - We found eachother in the wake of loss... and supported one another in a time of great transition. You are such an inspiration of faith and friendship. I admire your spirit of adventure and willingness to serve those around you. You have touched my life and helped me heal. Love you always.

Jolene - You knew... you knew when I was in the bowels of hell and you validated that terrible place. You, a survivor and fearless woman. Thank you for being my friend, for knowing my pain and for letting me be myself, always. I admire what you have - the love you have created in your own life. You are amazing. Love ya, babe.

Jeanie – “Our lives suck” – wasn’t that a day! But look where we are now! And we are laughing and loving and whole. Thank you for walking with me into hell and for being by my side. You are so kind, loving, patient and positive… your family strengthened us more than you can know. Thank you and I love you.

Carrie – Sister, friend – amazing heart. You took my family and harbored us. You will always be a sister to me. I love you and yours… and I admire your strength, kindness and boundless compassion. You saved us – when we were homeless and heartbroken. And you always listen, even when it is not easy… Thank you so much. I love you.

Afua – I walked right up to you like a moth to the flame. You are breathtaking, honest and full of life. There isn’t a time when we weren’t destined to be sisters… I am so thankful for your friendship and honesty – and for the ear you so easily lend. You truly are a phenomenal woman and I love ya, honey!

Blog Stalkers – Ladies you know who you are – and I am also thankful for these new friends.
Love is something we never lose when we give it away! Welcome my family ;)

6 comments:

Burt Family said...

Thank you my friend and sister. I will never forget the day our daughters brought us into each others lives. I will forever be greatful to them for bringing us together. We have been down many tought roads in the few short years we have known one another, but I know there are more bright and sunny days ahead so we can leave those other days behind.
I love you and don't know how I would of been a single mom and made the money to buy passports without you.

Paula said...

Thank you for this beautiful tribute. It is wonderful to articulate our connections this way. I am honored to have made the list! (by the way - you look great! and happy). Yeah for DeAnza College. They are lucky to have you teaching. Blessings to all.

Kelly Vowles said...

Thanks for counting me as one of your sisters, I consider myself very blessed and priveledged (yet undeserving)to be ranked along side of so many amazing women. Raeann, you are strong, thoughtful and wonderful, I'm glad you are a part of my life. We have some great miles behind us... and lot's ahead too. I love you!

Anonymous said...

My soul mate and sister-I love what we had/have/will have. Five years will bring us together again somewhere, somehow. I read the entire blog and thought how amazing you are, the people you bring together and the love that you always share is just increadible. The number of people you included is testament to this. Keep making friends babe, your friendship is one of my most treasured possessions.

Liz said...

Awww...is that Elizabeth me?? You are awesome, too! I'm also glad that we've stayed in touch. You are such a happy, positive person. The world needs more of you. Thanks for the nice tribute. This is something everyone should do with their blog!

Aaron and JaNell said...

What a great idea!! You are wonderful. I only wish that I could see you and your children at your upcoming festivities...and especially Halloween!
Miss you.